Dbms to dds connectivity PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Hitchhiker's Forum >
Message/Author
Next message sahanaSeetharam  posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 11:14 am
Hello,

I was wondering if I could run dbmsconnect as a publisher on one system and try to subscribe to that data from another system.
I was not able to get the data on the other system. However, I can retrieve data if I run both the publisher(dbmsconnect) and subscriber on the same machine.

Could you please let me know if there are any specific network configurations that I need to make.

Thanks,

Sahana
Next message Hans van 't Hag  posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:26 am
Hi Sahana, as this is a DDS-implementation specific question, I'd like to suggest to utilize our OpenSplice DDS forum at http://forums.opensplice.org/ so that this forum will retain its product/vendor neutral character.

I'll answer you question anyhow of course and the first thing that springs to mind is that although OpenSplice DDS will dynamically/automatically create tables in the DBMS that 'match' the DDS-topic structure, the other-way around is currently not automized meaning that topics will not be automatically created from tables. In your case this implies that until and unless a (in your case subscriber-)application was or is running that has defined the topic (and for which a [potential wildcard-]mapping has been defined for DBMS-forwarding [in the right direction]), the data written into the DBMS can not be automatically 'forwarded' i.e. inserted into DDS.

So maybe that's the issue in your situation. If not, I'd suggest you provide some more details about the configuration of DBMSConnect you're using and post these on our new OpenSplice DDS forum

Thanks,
Hans
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: