OpenDDS 2.1 release PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Hitchhiker's Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Steve Totten  posted on Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 06:12 pm
OpenDDS 2.1 is now available! It now has a new multicast transport implementation and new monitoring and testing tools! The OpenDDS-Bench performance testing framework has also been improved. OpenDDS is free, true open source software. http://www.opendds.org/
Next message Alan Thomas  posted on Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 02:09 am
I understand that the IDL used for DDS is the same (or a subset?) of the IDS used for CORBA. Is that right?

Where could I find what portions of the CORBA IDL are used for DDS?
Next message Erik Hendriks  posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 01:24 pm
The IDL subset that is supported by DDS for modeling the indormation that is to be exchanged, is dependent on whether you are using DCPS or DLRL.

For DCPS, you can only model your information as structured datatypes. These structures may contain any number of attributes, ranging from primitive types, enums, nested structures, strings, arrays, sequences, unions and any combination of the above. Some DDS implementors only allow you to use bounded sequences and strings, others (like for example OpenSplice DDS) also allow you to also specify unbounded sequences and strings. The DCPS does not support valuetypes nor 'any' types. Some of the attributes of the struct may be annotated to act as keyfield, which allows you to use this datatype like you would use a table in a relational database.

For DLRL, you can model your information as valuetypes, that may contain the same attributes as the structs mentioned in DCPS, but beside that may also inherit from, or contain references to other valuetypes. This allows you to build a real object model that uses navigable relationships instead of relationships based on relational keys like you would need to do in DCPS. The DLRL API is not supported by all DDS vendors yet, but I know OpenSplice DDS does support it.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,
Erik Hendriks.
Next message yemen mariem  posted on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 10:22 pm
i am trying to work with openDDS 3.9.
I follow the instruction of the documentation "open DDS 3.9 version .
this message error appear : can't open perl script '( first step :configure )

can you help me ?? thank you
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: