Dbms service in OpenSplice PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS FAQ >
Message/Author
Next message Matías Fernández  posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 04:44 pm
Hello,

I am using version 4.3 (EVAL) of OpenSplice and I have problems with the service dbms.

I have running MySQL and ODBC like interface, but can not get the service works

My file ospl.xml:

Name="dbmsconnect"> <DbmsConnectService
<ddstodbms>
Catalog="dds" <namespace>
</>
</>
</>

I think the problem is in the parameter odbc, because the rest appears to be all right. Any ideas? Does the evaluation version supports this service?

regards

Matias
Next message Matías Fernández  posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 04:46 pm
<dbmsconnectservice>
<ddstodbms>
<namespace>
<mapping>
</namespace>
</ddstodbms>
</dbmsconnectservice>
Next message Matías Fernández  posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 12:54 pm
OK, I got it working, but now I have another problem. In DDS to DBMS Use Case, the political history of the topic is not copied the DataReader to create the service dbms. Because this is only a sample of topic maps to the first row of the table Any idea?
Next message Hans van 't Hag  posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 04:04 pm
Hi Matias,

Interesting translation from spanish (I assume :-) )

I guess that what you're saying is that there's no concept of 'history' in the DBMS although the dataReader inside the DBMSConnect service does maintain a history (as it uses the historyh-depth as specified for the topic).

And indeed right now we don't deal with 'history' in the DBMS automatically. What you could do is to create a data-model where there's a topic-attribute like a sequence-number which for DDS is NOT a key, yet that IS a key in DBMS (you can instruct DBMSConnect NOT to create the table automatically but just use a pre-defined one) so that the samples that populate the history in DDS will get stored 'uniquely' in the DBMS.

Hope this helps a little,

thanks,
Hans
Next message Matías Fernández  posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 05:59 pm
Thanks, I was able to solve the problem

And sorry for my english

Matias
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: