Subscriber not able to show any data!!! PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message jeetendra kumar  posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 05:18 pm
Hi All,
I am able to send the data from publisher but in subscriber side, I am not getting any data.
The changes I made like, just cast the dataWriter to structure member like below:

//assigning the dataWriter into structure variable (paTestData* data)
data.dataWriter=( MsgDataWriter_var)HelloWorldWriter;

and then calling another function to pass the data over dds like below:
void writeDataToDDS(Msg msgInstance, paTestData* data) { MsgDataWriter_var HelloWorldWriter=(MsgDataWriter_var)data-dataWriter;
ReturnCode_t status=HelloWorldWriter->write(msgInstance, NULL);
checkStatus(status, "MsgDataWriter::write"); }

My concern is that by assigning/casting dataWriter to structure memeber, will the behaviour/presence of dataWriter will be changed so that subscriber not able to recognise/find the data sent by publisher?

2nd query: is there any way that subscriber can report if any macthed data is not found?

Looking for your suggestion & advice.

Thanks,
Jeet
Next message jeetendra kumar  posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 07:06 pm
Hi All,
I think,I got the data on first sequence but still complete data I am not able to find on subscriber side.

I just put the sleep on publisher side, that helped to show the data on first sample of data, but remaining sample data, I am not find.

Is there anything I can do so that I can synchronized publisher with subscriber by using delay time or other way in publisher or subscriber side, so that I can control the speed of Pub/Sub and not lost any sample by using History.

Looking for your suggestion & advice.

Thanks,
Jeet
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: