An updated version of the OpenDDS Developer's Guide is available from the same site in PDF format.
Features added and bugs/fixes in this OpenDDS version: (for full change information see the NEWS and the ChangeLog within the source distribution)
- Transport configuration has undergone a major redesign and any existing transport application code or transport configuration files need to be updated. See the Developer's Guide for details of the design. See $DDS_ROOT/docs/OpenDDS_3.0_Transition.txt for a description on how to migrate your applications to the OpenDDS 3.0 design. As a part of this design OpenDDS gains the following capabilities: - Most applications can do all transport configuration via configuration files (no transport source code required). - Individual writers and readers can now support multiple transports.
- The simpleTcp transport was renamed to tcp (the directory containing its source code was also renamed).
- The udp transport no longer required a local_address when being configured. If not specified, the property defaults to a value selected by the operating system (similar to the tcp transport).
- Details of the OpenDDS Modeling SDK changes in this release are documented in the Eclipse-based help, see OpenDDS Modeling SDK Guide -> Getting Started -> Introduction to the OpenDDS Modeling SDK.
- First release of OpenDDS Real-Time Data (RTD) for Excel an Excel Add-in and RTD Server. It allows visualization of an operating OpenDDS system from within Excel. It gives a tree view of a repository that mirrors the stand-alone OpenDDS Monitor application's tree view, but with the additional capabilities to automatically restart monitoring of a repository when a saved workbook is opened, monitoring multiple repositories simultaneously, and snapshot a repository monitor tree view.
- Wireshark dissector improvements include removal of the restriction that inforepo IOR be placed in a special file. Dissector config files can now be generated by opendds_idl.
- The monitor tool has a new view which is an alternate to the Graphviz view. The Node view uses Qt gui elements to model the OpenDDS system. Users can manipulate Node view graphs before saving them to PNG files.