Problems with modified topic QoS PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Andree  posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 05:17 pm
Hello!

I´ve just tried to fix some delay-issue we have using OpenSplice DDS. When i modify the example provided with the Version 5.2.0 of this DDS with the following:

//*** changes in QoS -> topic
dp->get_default_topic_qos (tQos);
//tQos.reliability.kind = RELIABLE_RELIABILITY_QOS;
tQos.transport_priority.value = 100000;
//***

and then create the topics with the parameter tQos as follows:

PP_min_topic = dp->create_topic ("PP_min_topic", "pingpong::PP_min_msg", tQos, NULL, DDS::STATUS_MASK_NONE);

then i get a read-error and the participant application terminates. The osplerror.log says:

Description : Create kernel entity failed. For Topic: <sample>

Is there anybody who can give me a hint, what´s wrong with this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Andree
Next message Erik Hendriks  posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 09:10 am
Hi Andree,

First of all, this is a product specific question on a vendor neutral DDS forum, so probably it is better to send future OpenSplice DDS specific questions to the OpenSplice DDS forum at http://forums.opensplice.org/

About your issue: is it possible that you changed the topic Qos while the splice deamon was still running? Because in that case your modified topicQos conflicts with the TopicQos of the previous run and your topic creation fails. If your code doesn't check for this fail, it might result in a crash later on.

If you want to modify the TopicQos in a running system, you should first bring down all the splice deamons that make up your domain, so that the conflicting topic definition is completely wiped away from your domain. Otherwise a restarting node will still receive the old topic definition from another node attached to the same Domain.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Erik Hendriks.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: