OpenSplice QoS implementation PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Sridhar  posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 10:16 am
Hi,

As per OpenSplice C++ reference manual, it is mentioned that the following QoS policies are not fully implemented

- writer data lifecycle
- Resource limits
- Presentation

Can you please elaborate as to what are the features which are not implemented in the QoS policies listed above.
Next message Hans van 't Hag  posted on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 12:32 pm
Hi Sridar,

I saw that you posted the same question on the OpenSplice developer mailing-lists which is actually the proper place for vendor-specific questions reather than on this vendor-neutral forum.

I'll answer your question there in detail, but to give a short-answer here, writer-data-lifecycle is fully implemented, w.r.t. resource-limits, max_samples, max_samples_per_instance are implemented yet there's an open-issue with max_instances and finally w.r.t. presentation-QoS, with OpenSplice DDS version 5.x we support both INSTANCE and TOPIC access-scope (i.e. we don't yet support GROUP access-scope which belongs to the optional object-model profile).

PS> W.r.t. this optional object-model profile-support we DO support DLRL with OpenSplice DDS.

Regards,
Hans
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: