On_budget_exceeded listener callback PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Agent Smith  posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 10:10 am
Hi,
When the samples are recieved exceeding configured latency budget ,I guess the listener will have a callback that will be invoked.In case of OpenDDS ,there is the on_budget_exceeded callback to do exactly that.However,I fail to find anything equivalent in OpenSplice.I may have overlooked something,please enlighten.
Next message Hans van 't Hag  posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 12:01 pm
As there's no such callback defined in the DDS specification (nor have I seen it being proposed yet), we haven't implemented what would have been then a 'proprietary' callback.

Actually the specification states in Chapter 7.1.3 "...The service is not required to track or alert the user of any violation..".

In our implementation, we take into account the 'resolution' of the network-Channel in determining when "its time" for actually sending the data over the wire (as part of a 'packed' message that might contain many samples from many topics and many writers that reside on the same node) so that it will arrive within the specified budget.

Finally, please note that in order to determine if data has been delivered outside the budget, there must be a sufficiently accurate system-wide notion of time which is not mandated by the specification (The sampleInfo meta-data of each sample does always contain the source-timestamp, but if thats 'interpretable' at a destination depends on time-alignment, yet if so it also allows applications to determine 'late' data even in absense of any related callback).

Regards,
hans
Next message Agent Smith  posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 09:58 am
"In our implementation, we take into account the 'resolution' of the network-Channel in determining when "its time" for actually sending the data over the wire (as part of a 'packed' message that might contain many samples from many topics and many writers that reside on the same node) so that it will arrive within the specified budget." I am very interested to know about this feature..how we can make use of it in our application ..
Next message Agent Smith  posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 10:06 am
Actually ,when I use osplconf GUI to view the ospl.conf,I see a lot of options related to network as well as durability settings about which I have limited info right now,but very curious to know how they might be made use of in our applications.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: