Ospl daemon PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Agent Smith  posted on Friday, May 21, 2010 - 06:30 am
Hi,
As of now I have been using Opensplice in the same system and it is necessary to run the ospl daemon before any communication to happen.To communicate over different systems,I guess I would have to run the daemon in each of those systems.Right?
And if so,is it required to configure any ip settings like what is done in case of OpenDDS's InforepoServer?
How different is the role of the ospl daemon compared with that of the InfoRepoServer in OpenDDS?
Next message Hans van 't Hag  posted on Friday, May 21, 2010 - 03:30 pm
Hi Agent Smith :-)

In OpenSplice, there is a set of pluggable services defined that perform certain 'tasks' related to DDS-functionality as defined in the various DDS profiles, like a 'networking-service' that schedules network-transfers between nodes based upon actual importance (TRANSPORT_PRIORITY) and urgency (LATENCY_BUDGET) of the data published by applications on each node, or a 'durability service' that is related to the persistence-profile of DDS and that offers distributed and fault-tolerant persistence of non-volatile data (i.e. for TRANSIENT and/or PERSISTENT) data.

All these services are configured using the domain-configuration XML-file pointed to by the OSPL_URI environment variable. Here you'll find for instance the IP-addresses to use for each communication priority-band (represented by a networking-channel) or the directory-path to store persistent information (durability-configuration example).

In OpenSplice, there's no concept of a single-server required for any of its functionality and our pluggable-services are NOT related to maintaining meta-data like I understand the InfoRepoServer of OpenDDS does .. so you basically can't compare..

Regards,
Hans
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: