Data sample are disposed before reach... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Klaas Kabini  posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 11:23 am
Hi Everyone,

I implemented two participants that uses the OpenDDS to exchange data, one participant publishing data samples and the other one reads those published data samples. My problem is that the published samples get disposed before reaching the destination. The subscriber returns a DDS::NOT_ALIVE_DISPOSED_INSTANCE_STATE, showing that the instance is disposed. How can I fix this problem, anyone with the knowledge of this please help.
Next message Erik Hendriks  posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 12:42 pm
Hi Klaas,

Did you delete the datawriter that wrote the samples before you accessed the samples with your datareader? In that case the data gets disposed because the autodispose_unregistered_instances fied of the WriterDataLifecycleQosPolicy is true (its default). Deleting a datawriter unregisters all its instances, and with this QosPolicy set to true also disposes them.

If this is not the case, please give us some more details about your particular scenario....

Regards,
Erik.
Next message Klaas Kabini  posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 02:28 pm
Thank you very much Erik, I deleted the data writers after a write operation and I was not aware that this might cause a problem . The problem is now fixed. Once again , thanks very much.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: