How do I configure OpenSplice to use ... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Joachim Achtzehnter  posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 01:00 am
To learn a bit more about DDS while writing the DDS chapter of an architecture proposal I installed the community edition on Windows and Linux and tried the Tutorial example. This worked fine.
Then I tried to configure DDS to use the interoperability protocol by renaming ospl_ddsi.xml to ospl.xml on both systems, but now the two systems no longer communicate. Each system only sees updates from applications running locally. What am I doing wrong? Is this documented somewhere?
Next message Joachim Achtzehnter  posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 12:34 am
Okay, I found the problem. PrismTech's DDSI does not support RELIABLE QoS and I had used the Tutorial example, which uses RELIABLE! After changing the example to use BEST_EFFORT the two hosts no longer ignore each other.

This together with other limitations mentioned in the ddsi_known_issues file give me the distinct impression that interoperability is currently more wishful thinking than a reality. Is this a fair assessment of the current situation? Are the other vendor's implementations more complete? Do RTI, CoreDS, and MilSOFT fully interoperate?

Thanks,

Joachim
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: