Is there a DDS implementation compari... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Michael Kozak  posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 04:05 pm
Hello. I've been tasked with comparing a number of DDS implementations to determine which is best suited for a project. Right now my choices are OpenDDS, OpenSplice DDS, CoreDX DDS, and RTI DDS. Although I have gathered quite a bit of info on these various platforms, I'm finding it VERY difficult to find any "negatives" when it comes to choosing one implementation over another. This is primarily due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be any real side by side comparison of these options. Does anyone with experience in implementing DDS services into their system have any input into possible advantages/disadvantages between these options? Thanks.
Next message Angelo Corsaro  posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 10:34 pm
Hello Michael,

Some ideas are provided at this link:

http://www.slideshare.net/Angelo.Corsaro/10-reasons-for-choosing-opensplice-dds

I think that there are already some simple metrics that you can use to compare implementations:

1. Standard Coverage. Here you'll see that there are already big differences between the various implementations.

2. Open vs. Closed Source. OpenSplice DDS and OpenDDS are the only two open source DDS the other are closed source.

3. Maturity. Here I will speak only for OpenSplice DDS, for the other DDS implementation you'll have to do the due diligence. OpenSplice DDS is deployed in a variety of systems ranging from combat management systems to financial systems, etc. Recently, as you've probably read in the press OpenSplice was also selected as the DDS implementation that will power the European Flight Data Processor.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Angelo
Next message Anonymous posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 11:08 pm
Michael - I am making a similiar evalutation of DDS implementations. Did you ever end up creating a matrix that you would be willing to share? Or some good websites to reference?
Next message ab ra  posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 01:02 pm
Hello,
In the same context, I am tasked to make a comparison between OpenDDS and OpenSplice especially concerning DCPSs'features, ...
I want to Evaluate DDS in Java and I already downloaded OpenDDS2.2 and OpenSplice5.4.1 but I'm really lost in an information flow that doesn't answer my research targets.
Please can you help me.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: