OpenSplice participant discovery PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Agent Smith  posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 02:16 pm
When a new participant comes up does it send a broadcast message to others announcing its presence?If so,does it also provide some unique key/id to identify itself among other nodes?and who decides the ID?
I believe,the pub and sub ids would be stored in each of the participants .When a resend of old data happens would it be multicast or sent to the late subscriber only?
Next message Hans van 't Hag  posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 12:54 pm
Hi,

in OpenSplice DDS, DDS entities get assigned unique ID's and the built-in topics capture those. W.r.t. re-sending of 'old' data (assuming you mean interest in non-volatile i.e. TRANSIENT or PERSISTENT data) the related data-transfers depend on the fact if there was already an 'aligned' OpenSplice durability-service running on the node where the late-joiner is started, if so, then the data is already present (in shared-memory) so availability is 'instantaneous' and if not (i.e. a complete node-restart or a durability service that works 'on-request' i.e. one where alignment is triggered by the emergence of a local subscriber), the data will be provided by a remote node (doesn't need to be the publishing node 'per se')

Regards,
Hans
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: