Does RTI provide a DLRL implementatio... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message aidan.j.morgan@gmail.com  posted on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 02:12 pm
Hi Guys,

I am very interested in using DLRL in my DDS-based application. I also think I qualify for RTI's University free-licence (which is a fantastic thing to offer), we are a small university team with very limited funding, so cannot afford licencing costs for software (all of our budget is already allocated to hardware).

I have been searching around the RTI website, but I can't seem to find much information about a DLRL implementation. It is referred to in a few PDF's, however there is nothing listed in the product features list. I realise that the RTI website has a lot of stuff hidden behind a member login - so I am hoping that there is a DLRL implementation that I just can't find.

Any confirmation about the DLRL implementation would be most appreciated.

Thankyou,

Aidan
Next message Angelo Corsaro  posted on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 02:33 pm
Hello Aidan,

OpenSplice DDS is currently the only DDS implementation that is openly available (meaning is not bound to internal use to a specific company) and implements DLRL. Other DLRL implementation exists both in EU and US yet are "closed" -- meaning used only within a company.

OpenSplice's DLRL implementation is part of the Professional Edition, which is available for commercial users only via subscriptions.

On the other hand, PrismTech has a very generous Academic Licensing, giving you access to all the OpenSplice DDS technology, as well as with some mentoring, for free.

If you are interested in experimenting with DLRL, or any of the other technologies available as part of the OpenSplice DDS commercial editions,
you simply need to enroll the Academic Partnership Program. If you want to do so, send me an email at angelo.corsaro@prismtech.com and I'll guide you through the steps that require you to do so.

Cheers,
Angelo

--
Angelo Corsaro, PhD
Chief Technology Officer
PrismTech
4 rue Angiboust | 91460 Marcoussis | France
T +33 1 69 01 53 54 | M +33 6 42 30 75 65
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: