DDS Database connnectivity PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Sridhar  posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 10:22 am
Hi,

If database is needed for permanent storage of data using the persistant durabilty, what needs to be done in the application. i.e is there any API to link to the database.

Also, since I have been evaluating the OpenDDS, I want to know the different OS platforms on which the OpenDDS can be installed.
Next message Hans van 't Hag  posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 10:34 am
Hi Sridhar,

In case of OpenSplice DDS, we support the full persistence-profile (even with our free community version) and also we don't rely on a (3rd-party) database to offer persistence. Our persistence-profile facilitates distributed and fault-tolerant persistence (that doesn't rely on a 'single-point-of-failure') in that multiple durability-services on mutiple hosts can maintain coherent persistence data-sets on their node's local storage. This is done completely transparent to applications, so no specific API is required to 'link' to any external database.

W.r.t. seamless integration with any DBMS-system, our enterprise-edition supports a pluggable connector (DBMSConnect) that allows transparent 2-way exchange between real-time DDS topic-data and near/non-realtime DBMS data. This is however not related nor depending on our implementation of the persistence-profile of DDS.

I can not comment on OpenDDS, but for OpenSplice DDS, we support any language combination of C, C++, Java and C# and w.r.t. platforms support Windows, Linux and Solaris with our community version and additionally all dedicated/embedded operating systems (and related hardware-architectures) in any of our commercial editions.

Please note also that the OpenSplice DDS community-version supports all DCPS-profiles (minimum-profile, content-subscription profile, persistence-profile, ownership-profile).

Regards,
Hans
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: