OpenSplice Durability Problem PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Orhan AYRAN  posted on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 04:40 pm
When using Persistent profile I have the following problem;

There are two applications running on the same node called writer and reader application respectively.

Writer application is started, a number of instances of a topic is published and then the application is closed.

Problem is when reader application is started, no historical data is received from daemon. Some other cases are tried also, but it sometimes work and sometimes not(i.e., under same configuration).

However, if daemon is stopped and started and then the reader application is started all historical data is received.

Writer Qos: Reliable, Persistent

Topic Qos: Persistent, Service Clean-up=10000 sec

Reader Qos: Reliable, Persistent
All other Qos parameters are default settings.

Any ideas, solutions?
Regards
Orhan
Next message Erik Hendriks  posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 10:46 am
Can you check the auto_dispose_unregistered_instances field of the WriterDataLifecycleQosPolicy? If it is set to TRUE, it means the data your writer wrote will be disposed when you close your writing application. (Closing the application will delete its writer, which in turn will unregister all its instances, which in that case disposes them from the persistent store).
Since your ServiceCleanUp time is set to 1000s, the disposed data is kept for 1000 seconds and so should be delivered to late joiners within that time-frame. However, the data will be marked as disposed, so your reader will only be able to read the data if you set the InstanceStateMask to either ANY, or to NOT_ALIVE_DISPOSED.
Setting the auto_dispose_unregistered_instances to FALSE should also solve your problem, by preventing the instances to be disposed from the persistent store altogether.

Regards,
Erik.
Next message Anil Kumar Narayana Pillai  posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 07:25 pm
Hi, I have one problem with durability. ospl is loading spliced.exe and durability.exe through the application I am working. Scenario is my application is running and spliced.exe & durability.exe are launched. There is a problem when system goes to sleep/hibernate mode and then comes back to normal mode. During this time durability.exe is not listing under Task Manager->Process list.

Any idea pls help to understand why durability.exe process ends....

Regards,
Anil
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: