Unable to generate header files using... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message kaviteshsingh@wipro.com  posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 07:37 am
I am trying to implement the program mentioned in the C tutorial guide on the OpenSplice website. I use the same chat.idl mentioned in the PDF. The problem arises when I use the idlpp.exe for generating header file for usage in the c program on windows platform(WinXP-SP3).

Backdrop:
1. I extracted the setup folder with path C:\OpenSplice
2. I tried running the release.bat however it didn’t modify the environment variables of windows. So I manually edited the variables in the environment variables. By doing so I removed the error message “OSPL_TMPL_PATH not found”
3. Now I can run idlpp.exe from run or cmd without specifying the full path. So I use the command idlpp – S –l c “C:\OpenSplice\bin\chat.idl”
4. No error message is shown but no output is also generated.

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on this.

I am using OpenSplice community edition, downloaded a week back so I assume it is the latest version. I have not tested it on Linux right now. Have pasted the chat.idl contents for reference.

module Chat {
const long MAX_NAME = 32;
typedef string<max_name> nameType;

struct ChatMessage
{
long userID; // owner of message
long index; // message number
string content; // message body
};
#pragma keylist ChatMessage userID

struct NameService
{
long userID; // unique user identification
nameType name; // name of the user
};
#pragma keylist NameService userID
};
Next message Reinier Torenbeek  posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 09:29 pm
Hello Kavitesh,

This forum is intended for vendor neutral questions, not for OpenSplice specific issues.

For anyone's information: there are several OpenSplice specific mailing lists which you can query or join via http://www.opensplice.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Community/MailingLists.
The questions in this thread have been answered on that list by now...
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: