Participant Entity enable does not al... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Danielle Schmitt  posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 10:57 pm
I have set up the transport property to allow for multiple interfaces, which works beautifully if both of the networks are plugged in upon initializing DDS. However, if I try to initialize with one of the cable unplugged I run into problems. It still captures the data on the plugged in address just fine, however it never collects DDS on the other one despite it getting plugged in after initialization.

Is there a way to get around this? I would like for it to enable all of the interfaces upon init. whether or not they are plugged in

Thanks for your help!
Next message Danielle Schmitt  posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 11:02 pm
FYI - What is interesting is that if you have a valid ethernet connection to start with, you can unplug the network from then on and DDS will merrily keep collecting data once you plug it back in. It is only when we initialize DDS with 1 unplugged that the problem manifests itself.
Next message Reinier Torenbeek  posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 01:08 am
Hello Danielle,

Which DDS implementation are you using? Mechanisms like this are beyond the specification and are different for each vendor.

Reinier
Next message Danielle Schmitt  posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 04:48 pm
I am using RTi's ndds.4.1e. Does that help?
Next message Reinier Torenbeek  posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 05:19 pm
Well, it helps to understand who is best equipped to answer your question... and it is not me :-)
Any RTI experts out there that know how to address this issue?
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: