Ignoring Local Messages - ignore_part... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message David Ellis  posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 09:37 am
We have an application which both publishes and subscribes. I am trying to use DDS "ignore_participant" to ignore messages it has published itself, by doing:

domainParticipant.ignore_participant(domainParticipant.get_instance_handle());

But this is not working - locally published samples are still received. Any clues why - is there a problem with this feature, or have I misunderstood it or used it wrongly?

I have tried placing this call at various points in the startup sequence - before or after creating the publisher and subscriber - but none has worked.

I have also tried extracting the participant key from the publication data when a sample is received, so that I could use that to filter out local messages, but have been unable to get that to work so far. The application crashes when calling get_matched_publication_data. I don't have an example and am presumably doing something wrong there.

We are using OpenDDS 3.12 with the Java bindings.

Thanks.
Next message David Ellis  posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 03:33 pm
By the way the Java code I tried to get the publication data, within the on_data_available listener method, is:

PublicationBuiltinTopicDataHolder pubHolder = new PublicationBuiltinTopicDataHolder(new PublicationBuiltinTopicData());
int pubHandle = sih.value.publication_handle;
dataReader.get_matched_publication_data(pubHolder, pubHandle);

This crashes with a protection violation on the call to get_matched_publication_data. Anyone know what is wrong with this? I couldn't find any documentation on how to use this call.
Next message David Ellis  posted on Friday, April 13, 2018 - 02:29 pm
For info we subsequently found that the ignore_participant call worked as expected when OpenDDS was used with a repository connection. The above issue only occurred when used in RTPS (auto discovery) mode.

Don't know whether this is as expected, or a fault in OpenDDS, or a problem with our configuration, but anyway we found a work-around.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: