Error: Messenger example with 10000 w... PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Francois-Xavier JEGADNE  posted on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:37 am
Hello,

I just want to execute the OpenDDS Messenger example with 10000 "write" loops instead of 10, just to see if it runs.

After 36105 read from subscriber, it fails with error message:

ERROR: c:\users\fxj\documents\esi\dds\opendds-3.10\devguideexamples\dcps\messenger\subs criber.cpp:130: main() - wait failed!
SampleInfo.(4408|11336) WARNING: DataLink[01555100]::~DataLink() - link still in use by 6 entities when deleted!

I am using RTPS tranfer mode, which is much faster that infoRepo mode. Going through InfoRepo is also not working with a loop of 10000.

Is this already too much for the DDS protocol ?

How to deal with such large trouhgput ?
Next message Francois-Xavier JEGADNE  posted on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:58 am
I'm correcting previous message as the loop number should be 100 000 instead of 10000.

The subscriber fails after aroung 36000 reads. I am using publisher and subscriber using RTPS protocol using UDP, on localhost.
Next message Francois-Xavier JEGADNE  posted on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 04:08 pm
Error is coming from the timeout reached on the wait state.
ACE_ERROR_RETURN function is stopping subscriber.
Removing that error report function doesn't stop the loop which continue up to the end without issues.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: