Keyed data, publishers and subscribers PreviousNext
Data Distribution Service (DDS) Forum > DDS Technical Forum >
Message/Author
Next message Bryan Richard  posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 04:15 pm
I have some questions regarding keyed data, publishers and subscribers. I have seen keyed data examples where a data writer must register as a provider of a specific flavor of keyed data; for instance, sensor data with a sensor id as the key. The DDS interface supports the notion of a publisher registered as a provider of a specific flavor (instance) of sensor data. I have seen examples where subscribers register for *all* instances of sensor data, i.e. TOPIC only, however, I have yet to find an example where a subscriber can register as a consumer of a specific instance of sensor data.

My questions are:

1. Does the DDS specification support the notion of a subscriber’s ‘registration’ as a consumer of a specific instance of keyed data.
2. If so, how is this implemented? Specifically, if there exists a publisher of sensor data with key = sensor_id = 5 , and a subscriber of sensor data with sensor_id = 7, will there be data transfer between these two entities that is somehow filtered at the subscriber end? Or, is connectivity not ever established between these entities?
3. What does this look like in code?
Next message Erik Hendriks  posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 05:08 pm
It seems like this message it posted twice. Look for the answer to this question to the original message.

Regards,
Erik.
Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: